Mobile App Privacy Notice
Declaration of confidentiality for the processing of personal data created and received through the CurbUp mobile application
1. Who is responsible for your personal data?
We, CurbUp LLC, contact details: 293 Executive Parkway, Suite C, Rockford, IL 61107. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, (also called “the Company” in the document) acknowledge that it is important for you to understand how we collect, store and share personal data that we process through the mobile application we provide to our customers.
2. Who is the Declaration for?
3. What personal data do we process and from whom do we receive it?
The type of personal data we process depends on the purpose for which we need it.
When registering and using the mobile application, we process personal data provided by the persons to whom it relates, which includes:
- Registration data–names and e-mail; password, photograph (at your discretion;
- Data on past and upcoming events–we store information about the use of the platform in providing your services such as date and time; restaurant owner (for the end customer) or end customers (for the restaurant owner); price and rating for the provided service, which is determined by the end users and is visible to the provider.
We automatically collect technical data for the proper functioning of the Application (device brand and type, type and version of operating system) only if malfunctioning occurs.
4. On what grounds is the processing performed?
Processing of personal data is carried out only in the presence of a legal basis for this processing. We process the data on one of the following grounds:
- the processing is necessary in order to conclude or fulfill the contract for the use of our mobile application;
- the processing is based on our legitimate interests, which are aimed at effective management of our business processes and to increase the availability and quality of the services provided.
5. For what purposes is the data being processed?
We have created the mobile application in order to facilitate the interaction between restaurant owners and end customers, as well as to increase the quality of services offered by providing an easy, accessible and completely free additional channel for using the curbup.com platform. In order for the application to work, we process personal data for:
- management of user profiles;
- technical support of the application.
We process personal data only for the purpose for which they were collected and do not reuse them for incompatible purposes. Further processing is permissible only for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
We do not use the data obtained in the implementation of our core business for automated decision-making using computer algorithms that replace human judgment, including by performing profiling.
6. How long do we store the data?
We retain personal data only for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected or as provided by law. We keep the data within the statute of limitations for periodic contracts – 3 years. After the expiration of the storage period, we anonymize the data so that it is not possible to reconnect them with the data subject.
7. To whom do we provide your personal data?
We process your data mainly within our organization. We may outsource certain activities to our providers (processors), but only after making sure that they comply with the requirements for personal data protection. To ensure the functioning of the application, we use the services of Stripe. As our processors, they are obliged to provide a high level of security, and we control the processing activities they perform.
We provide data to the competent state authorities whenever this is required by law.
We do not transfer personal data to third countries or international organizations.
8. Is the data protected?
We take reasonable physical, technical and organizational security measures designed to protect all personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage, as required by European and national legislation. We determine these measures on the basis of the risks identified by us, we periodically review the measures provided and, if necessary, update them. We provide security when transferring data through encryption (HTTPS and SSL certificate).
9. What rights do you have?
When processing your personal data, we apply the statutory rules for exercising the rights of data subjects. As a data subject, you have the right to request that we:
provide you with access to your personal data, while respecting the rights of third party;
remove inaccurate personal data (including the right to fill in incomplete personal data);
delete personal data (where applicable);
limit data processing to storage (where applicable);
to exercise your right of portability – for data that are processed on the basis of a contract or consent, when their processing is performed in an automated manner.
You have the right to object to the processing of data based on our legitimate interests, at any time and on grounds related to your specific situation.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Please visit our website for detailed instructions on exercising your rights.
10. User Content
- Curbup app uses stripe payments. which requires information about your phone number and apps installed on the device in order to ensure secure and successful payment.
- User Content. Curbup may provide you with interactive opportunities, such as the ability to post user ratings and reviews (collectively referred to as “User Content”). You represent and warrant that you are the owner of, or otherwise have the right to provide, all User Content that you submit, post, and/or otherwise transmit through the Services. You hereby grant Curbup a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, fully paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully sublicenseable right and license to use, copy, display, publish, modify, remove, publicly perform, translate, create derivative works, distribute and/or otherwise use the User Content in connection with Curbup’s business and in all forms now known or hereafter invented (“Uses”), without notification to and/or approval by you. You further grant Curbup a license to use your username and/or other user profile information, your ratings history, to attribute User Content to you in connection with such Uses, without notification or approval by you. You agree that this license includes the right for other users to access and use your User Content in conjunction with participation in the Services and as permitted through the functionality of the Services. In the interest of clarity, the license granted to Curbup herein shall survive termination of the Services or your account. Curbup reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or disable access to any User Content from the Services, suspend or terminate your account at any time, or pursue any other remedy or relief available at law or equity if you post any User Content which violates this Agreement or Curbup determines in its sole discretion to be objectionable for any reason. You agree that Curbup may monitor and/or delete your User Content. Curbup, however, does not assume the obligation to so delete said User Content. Curbup may also access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as Curbup reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) enforce this Agreement, including investigations of potential violations hereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, (iv) respond to User support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property, or safety of Curbup, its users, and the public.
- Feedback. You agree that any submission of any ideas, suggestions, and/or proposals to Curbup through its suggestion, feedback, wiki, forum, or similar pages (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Curbup has no obligations, including, without limitation, obligations of confidentiality, with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback and you hereby grant Curbup a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free, fully paid, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully sublicenseable right and license to use, copy, display, publish, modify, remove, publicly perform, translate, create derivative works, distribute, and/or otherwise use such Feedback.
- Ratings and Reviews. To the extent that you are asked to rate and post reviews of Contractors (“Ratings” and “Reviews”), such Ratings and Reviews are considered User Content and are governed by this Agreement. Ratings and Reviews are not endorsed by Curbup and do not represent the views of Curbup or its affiliates. Curbup shall have no liability for Ratings and Reviews or for any claims for economic loss resulting from such Ratings and Reviews. Curbup strives to maintain a high level of integrity with respect to Ratings and Reviews posted or otherwise made available through the Services. Thus, you agree that (i) you will base any Rating or Review on first-hand experience with the Contractor; (ii) you will not provide a Rating or Review for any Contractor for which you have a vested interest, relationship, or other affiliation; (iii) you will not submit a Rating or Review in exchange for payment, free food, or other benefits from a Contractor; and (iv) your review will comply with this Agreement. If Curbup determines in its sole discretion that any Rating or Review could diminish the integrity of the Ratings or Reviews or otherwise violates this Agreement, Curbup may remove such User Content without notice.
11. Updating this document
The document has been last updated on 05.16.2022. We review this document periodically. When we need to update it, all changes will be published through the application itself and we will not notify you individually of the changes.